Sunday, June 15, 2008

6 weeks today!

Angelina is six weeks old today. Can't believe it. It went by really fast, and it was an eternity! I really have no energy to write anything profound - not like I ever do - so I'll post a few more pictures that I like. The first one is of her first bath. It's funny - all in all, I'm sure the digital age makes life better. Net-net, our lives are probably more convenient. Yet, it does bring a lot more pressure. With digital cameras, we can record Lina's life almost without limit. So, when we gave her her first bath, we felt pressure to document it. Mind you, we had no idea really how to give an infant a bath. It's a pretty dangerous thing - we probably should have put all of our energy and concentration into preventing her from slipping into the water, knocking her head against the sink counter, or catching a cold. Instead, we spent half the time going, "where's the camera," "grab the camera," "oh that's a good shot, oh watch her head..." Stressful. But worth it, this was a great shot! = )
I love it when she falls asleep (not just because it's quiet). She looks so peaceful. Here she is, falling asleep in her swing, with her hands to her face.

I love this picture. Anyone who is around me long enough will hear me ranting and raving about my nieces Kay(5) and Bekah (3). I think they're adorable, and they are extremely funny! We have the best conversations. And now there's little Noah (or "Noey" according to Kay and "No-yay" according to Bekah) added to the family! Here's Lina and her three cousins hanging out. I'm looking forward to watching all of them grow up together. I grew up around a lot of cousins, which was really fun. I'm glad my daughter will have the same.

No comments: