Monday, May 19, 2008

First visitors



Lina in a good mood today when I was at work. Hmm...

There's a reason I haven't been posting for a couple of days. We had a couple of "fussy" days. Our friends John and Grace Chan, who had a baby (boy) a few months ahead of us, warned us about this. That once you think you're into a "groove," or a predictable schedule, things change on you! We had three straight days of a pretty good sleep schedule, and then bam, two nights of craziness. Parents will do anything to appease their baby when it's 4am and there is no hope in sight. I actually paid $9.99 on iTunes for an "baby ambient noise" CD - we've been playing the "Ocean Wave" sounds on repeat hundreds of times. Maybe the best $9.99 I've ever spent! For those who are interested, this album is especially designed for babies. A sample of other "songs" on this album - "Vacuum cleaner," "Blowdryer," "Car Noise," "Womb Music," "River sounds." You get the idea. (Definitely a way to save on the A&R costs)

Anyway, Liz and baby are sequestered for one month. The only outing they have been on was a trip to the doctor's on Friday. That was an adventure in itself. It's been nice to have some of our friends come by to visit, aside from our families of course. I promised Val, our buddy from NY who is also from the Pasadena area, that she would get a blog post mention, so here she is! She is the first of our friends from NY to visit. There's a bunch coming in June, and we are looking forward to introducing Lina to them.



Auntie Val, a real estate mogul from NY, was telling Lina about the collapse of the mortgage industry and Lina was obviously very interested...

Here's Uncle Richard hanging out with Lina...Richard was nice enough to bring by flowers for Liz on her first Mother's Day. Even I didn't do anything for that...yet. I know, terrible. Off to a great start, Leonard.


Finally, Auntie Ellen also came by, with treats for me and Liz. A copy of the WSJ and "In Style," along with some fresh strawberries.

Thanks everyone for visiting and giving us a taste of the outside world. Until today, when I went to the office, I've only been taking half hour expeditions every few days to shore up on "supplies" - Vitamin Water, Red Bull, Venti Soy Lattes, and Pampers Swaddlers...(in that order of importance).

By the way, this post took me almost three hours - I had to put Lina down at least three times. I am writing this on the couch, looking at the monitor that Grace and John gave us, and watching her squirm. Makes me very anxious.

No comments: